The NIHR Academy is responsible for development and coordination of NIHR academic training, career development and research capacity development.
The NIHR Academy plays a pivotal role in attracting, training and supporting the best health and care researchers to tackle the complex challenges of the future and complements the additional NIHR investment in world-class research facilities and a skilled research workforce.
The purpose of the NIHR Academy is to develop a highly-skilled academic research workforce capable of advancing the best research which improves health, and benefits society and the economy.
To achieve this we encourage, recognise and reward:
- collaborative, multi-professional approaches to research
- the embracing of innovation and new opportunities and technologies
- active involvement and engagement of patients, carers and the public
- respect for the diversity of methodological and theoretical practices
- personal and professional development and the support of colleagues
There are a large range of awards available at different levels and to suit different work arrangements, types of NHS staff and career paths. If you are interested in applying; take a look at the funding opportunities available here.
View the website for further information on the NIHR Academy and the Fellowship programmes